Sunday 19 October 2014

UCOSP Update, Week 6

This week

This week I had a pretty crazy week with midterms. I managed to make changes based on Michael's code review, but I haven't had too much time to think about the code.

Essentially the biggest change this week I made was in the test framework. Our tests require a number of temporary folders to stick files necessary to carry out tests. Before, we would create these temporary folders and delete them on our own, but now the test framework makes use of a pytest fixture called 'tmpdir' that takes care of creating any temporary folders we need to carry out tests and deleting them automatically.

Other than that, there were minor changes here and there to the test framework.

Next week

The main thing I am thinking of right now is changes that can be made to the way we handle errors in the framework, and have a standardized way to handle errors that all new endpoints can adhere to, and how to handle authentication. As soon as my current pull request is closed, I can start to work on either of those.

Until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment